In this highly-charged, energetic world, we’re constantly evolving and changing, and our businesses change as a result. And sometimes we’re working visions and plans that have become outdated.
Yet, here we are… in the midst of taking action for a plan that no longer fits. Our vision has changed.
In order to make sure your actions are in alignment with your Current Vision, you need to do a periodic Business Vision Check-up. This is a way to check in with what you want to do, what you want to be offering, and then how all that plays out in the next 6-12 months of your business planning, marketing, and promotional calendar.
First, sit quietly. This isn’t a quick exercise to go through during the commercial break of your favorite show, or in between scrolling on Facebook. Get yourself ready to hear what your soul has to say. Don’t worry if the answers scare you. That’s okay. You don’t actually have to DO anything right now.
But your soul does want you to listen.
Next, ask yourself the following Business Soul questions. Feel into the answers. Write them down.
- What do you want to be known for? As in, “Oh, you should talk to [YOUR NAME]! She is awesome at _____________.”
- Why is that important?
- And why is THAT important? (The idea is to keep going deeper until you come up with something that makes you go, “That’s it!!!”)
- What is your greater purpose and mission?
- If money, current obligations, contracts, what people might say or think, etc. were no object, what kind of work would you be doing?
- If you could work with ANYONE, who would that be?
- Jump ahead to five years. In your wildest dreams, what would you be doing?
You have some very interesting answers, I bet.
Now, answer these questions.
- What can you let go of that is part of your Old Vision? Can it be tweaked, as opposed to thrown completely out the window? (And, by the way, sometimes throwing an idea or project or even a service offering out the window is absolutely what’s needed.)
- What kind of products, programs, workshops, retreats, consulting, teaching, mentoring, and other services are more in alignment with the answers from your Business Soul check-in?
- When could you start offering or promoting those? What do you need to make it happen?
You now have the basis for your Current Vision that is in alignment with your Soul Business. This is where things can really be scary, but don’t let the fear keep you down. Just note all this, and breathe. You can implement this at any time… today, tomorrow, next year.